192% increase in organic traffic
We Helped Affiliated Mortgage Increase Organic Traffic by 192%
Affiliated Mortgage is a mortgage lender and real estate company located in Rapid City, SD. In 2020, they planned to become a regional lender in Arizona, South Dakota, and Montana. Admate and Blair Allen Agency are helping them achieve this goal with SEO and Digital Growth Marketing.
- The website needed a sitemap and keyword research from scratch to set up SEO correctly. The project required fresh keyword research so that affiliatedsd.com ranks for more relevant keywords.
- Our audit showed that the website has duplicate content on many pages and some pages were competing for the same keyword. We removed duplicate pages and fixed keyword cannibalization.
- The local GMB lacked reviews and NAP consistency. We thought to come up with a strategy to increase reviews, correct the local citations, and syndicate more content from the GMB.
- From a content strategy perspective, we wanted to position Affiliated Mortgage as a community leader. For that, content and PR strategy were required. The SEO content had to be national, relevant, and hyper-local – a combination of both.
- Technical audit: The website had a slow page load speed. Slow page load speed kills the user experience. We decreased the loading time of the website. We also added local business schema markup on the website. We deindexed some of the unwanted pages.
- Content Calendar: A website needs a robust content calendar of informational articles. We developed a content calendar for Affiliated Mortgage that had all the local low competition blog opportunities. We posted about the best neighborhoods to live in Rapid City, SD, Billings, Montana, and Scottsdale, Arizona. We also covered national topics such as good credit scores for a mortgage and home purchase guides.
- Keyword research & Sitemap: A sitemap was created and all the new keywords from KW research were mapped on it. We updated all the landing pages with the new keywords and got more traffic to the landing pages such as new home purchase and home refinance. We also added keywords to page content, titles, and meta descriptions.
- Content Audit: The website had a lot of content duplication and keyword cannibalization. We rewrote the content for blogs and landing pages and eliminated content duplication and keyword cannibalization. Thin content pages with no traffic were removed from the website and google index.